GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE – MADELEINE HAUSSMANN
Preliminary Article: Definition of the terms of the contract
The following terms shall have the following meanings :
"Client" or "Customer": means a natural person of legal age who has full legal capacity at the time of signing the booking contract, or a legal person duly represented by a natural person with the capacity and legal authority to represent it.
"Hotel": means the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN.
"Website": electronic service operated by the Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN on the Internet and accessible at the address indicated in the preamble to the present document.
"Reservation Platform": electronic service connected to the Website and allowing you to make an online reservation for the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN.
1. The Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN, SAS (Société par Actions Simplifiées), registered under the SIREN number 632 021 804, registered at the RCS of Paris and located at 10, rue Pasquier – 75008 PARIS, operates the following reservation site:
This website presents the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN and allows you to book rooms and hotel services for it.
These GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE thus apply to the above-mentioned Website.
2. The Client acknowledges that he has all the information necessary to make his choice and to proceed with his reservation on this website:
It is agreed that :
- These general terms and conditions of sale apply to all reservations made on the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN website, by an individual customer
- These general terms and conditions of sale are not intended to apply to professional customers who have ratified a specific contract.
3. Any reservation made through the Website implies the consultation and full acceptance of these general terms and conditions of sale as well as the terms and conditions of sale of the rate expressly mentioned in the description at the time of reservation on the reservation platform.
4. The Client's acceptance of these general terms and conditions and of the terms and conditions of sale of the selected rate is definitive after having ticked the box when making a reservation on the site; no reservation is possible without this agreement.
5. The Customer acknowledges that he/she fully understands these terms and conditions written in French/English and that he/she has the full legal capacity to enter into these terms and conditions.
6. The website contains the following information:
- A precise identification of the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN ;
- The essential characteristics of the accommodation offered by the Hotel
- The additional and optional services offered,
- Photographs are for illustrative purposes only,
- Prices include all taxes, excluding tourist tax,
- The amount of the tourist tax as applied by the administrative authorities and is subject to variation
- The sales conditions of the reserved rate,
- Payment terms,
- The present general terms and conditions of sale,
- The period of validity of the offer and its price.
7. The Client declares that this booking is made for his/her own personal use only. In view of his status as a consumer, he has specific rights, which would be called into question in the event that the services booked were not for personal use.
8. All the information accessible on the Website as well as the present general terms and conditions of sale are presented in French and English.
II. Subject :
1. These general terms and conditions of sale define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of a reservations made on the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN website and the reservation platform.
2. The Customer acknowledges having read these general terms and conditions of sale and the terms and conditions of sale of the reserved rate, which are accessible and available at any time on the Website and the reservation platform. He fully accepts them.
III. Duration :
1. The present general terms and conditions of sale apply throughout the duration of the online services of the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN.
2. The Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN reserves the right, without prior notice or compensation, to make changes to these general terms and conditions of sale, to temporarily or permanently close the website or the online booking space. To this end, we invite you to consult them regularly.
These terms and conditions are valid on the date of the Client's booking. If a later version appears after the Client has booked, these last conditions will not apply to the Client's booking.
3. HOTEL MADELEINE HAUSSMANN is not responsible for any damage of any kind that may result from these modifications and/or from the temporary unavailability or permanent closure of all or part of the website or of the services associated with it, such as the online reservation platform.
1. The Client acknowledges that he/she has made the reservation with full knowledge of the facts and has obtained all the information necessary for this purpose. The booking of a room is reserved for persons of legal age and capacity. By making a booking for a room at Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN, the Client expressly declares that he/she meets these conditions.
2. The Client may book, on the Website, on a personal use only a maximum of 4 rooms for the same date. Any reservation of a greater number of rooms will be subject to the conditions applicable by the Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN to Group reservations, thus excluding the application of these general conditions of sale.
Where applicable, the Client undertakes to contact the sales department of the HOTEL MADELEINE HAUSSMANN by e-mail or telephone in order to find out about the special conditions for group reservations and to complete such a reservation.
3. The Client is responsible for his choice of services and their suitability for his needs, so that the liability of HOTEL MADELEINE HAUSSMANN cannot be requested.
4. The booking is deemed to be accepted by the Client at the end of the booking process.
5. All bookings are nominative and may not be transferred to a third party, whether free of charge or in return for payment. Any reservation made for a third party must be made in the name of the third party holding the holiday.
V. Booking process :
1. The Client may book a room on the booking platform of the Website, accessible by clicking on the "Book" button.
2. The Client specifies the dates of their stay and the number of people who wish to stay. They can then choose the type of room and additional services according to their needs and select the proposed rate for the date(s) selected.
3. The Client can then validate his/her choice by clicking on the "Book" button after having read the full description of the corresponding room(s) and the services included.
4. The Client is then asked to fill in a form with all their personal details and those of the people staying at the hotel. They must then enter their bank details to guarantee payment on arrival. The Client certifies the truthfulness and accuracy of the information provided.
5. The Client is then invited to validate his/her reservation after having read and accepted the general terms and conditions of sale of the selected rate as well as the confidentiality policy of the reservation platform.
7. The reservation is confirmed. The Client accesses a page containing a summary of their booking. A confirmation of the booking is sent by e-mail to the address given by the Client in the form.
VI. Conditions of cancellation or modification :
1. If the Client has booked for a non-cancellable and non-refundable rate, the Client may not cancel the booking under any circumstances and will not be entitled to any refund even if requested.
2. If the Client has booked for a flexible rate then they may cancel or amend their booking in accordance with the terms and conditions of the selected rate at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation or modification of a reservation may be subject to a fee as indicated in the terms and conditions of the selected rate at the time of reservation.
4. In order to cancel or change a reservation, the Client must contact the Hotel, whose contact details are provided on the Website.
5. In the event of an exceptional event or the impossibility of making the reserved room available to the Client, in the event of force majeure for example, the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN may offer the Customer a room of a higher standard than the one reserved or an accommodation solution in a hotel of at least equivalent category.
6. The Client is reminded, in accordance with article L. 121-60 of the French Consumer Code, that he/she does not have the right of withdrawal provided for in article L. 121-20-12 of the Consumer Code. The Client is also reminded that the conditions of sale of the booked rate, accepted by the Client, specify the terms and conditions for cancelling and/or modifying the booking.
VII. Stay at the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN
1. Upon arrival at the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN, the Customer may be asked to fill out a police form. To do so, the Customer is required to present a valid form of identification in order to verify whether or not the Hotel needs to complete the police form.
Important note: In the event that the Customer fails to present a valid form of identification upon arrival, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel the Customer's reservation outright. The Hotel shall not be required to pay any compensation to the Client under any circumstances.
3. The Customer accepts to make reasonable use of the room and of the common areas of the Hotel made available to him/her. Any behaviour that is contrary to the principles of safety and/or hygiene, good morals and/or public order may lead the Hotel Owner to ask the Customer to leave the establishment immediately without any compensation and/or without any reimbursement if payment has already been made.
4. Any damage caused by the Customer in the reserved room or in the common areas of the Hotel may be invoiced directly to the Customer for the amount of the damage found. Any object missing from the reserved room and duly noted by the Hotel will be directly invoiced for its value.
5. All rooms in the Hotel are non-smoking. Penalties of the price of the first night booked may be applied if the Client does not respect the non-smoking rule in his/her room.
6. The Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN has internal regulations for the Customer. The Customer accepts to comply with the rules. In the event of non-compliance by the Customer with any of the provisions of the Internal Regulations, the Hotel Owner may ask the Customer to leave the establishment. The Hotel shall not be required to pay any compensation to the Client under any circumstances.
7. The Hotel provides free of charge unsupervised common areas and facilities to which only Hotel Guests have access, unless otherwise agreed by the Hotel Management, which reserves the right to do so.
The use of these facilities and their equipment is under the complete responsibility of the Clients who have free access to them, but only during opening hours.
Unaccompanied minors are not allowed to access them alone.
In the event of a malfunction of equipment or of access being suspended or impossible for any reason whatsoever, the Customer shall not be entitled to claim any prejudice or compensation from the Hotel.
If the Customer fails to comply with any of these provisions, the Hotel may ask the Customer to leave the establishment. The Hotel shall not be required to pay any compensation to the Client under any circumstances.
8. The Client may occupy the room on the first day of the reservation from 2pm. He must leave the room on the last day of his reservation before 12.00pm. Failure to do so will result in an additional night being charged. The Client can enter and leave the hotel 24 hours a day. They will be asked to leave the room keys at the reception desk.
The Client may request access to their room before 2pm on the day of arrival or to keep their room after 12pm on the day of departure. This service must be arranged on site with the hotel staff for an additional fee and subject to availability.
9. The Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN complies with the regulations concerning the reception of people with reduced mobility.
10. The Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN welcomes pets. In accordance with the internal regulations and for reasons of hygiene, pets are not allowed in certain common areas (restaurant, breakfast room, wellness area...).
The reception of animals will generate a cost that will be invoiced to the customer in accordance with the rates specified on the Hotel's website. Pets must be booked in advance, subject to availability and validation by the Hotel.
The Customer shall ensure that the presence of his/her pet both in the room and in the common areas does not disturb the other guests of the Hotel or the staff. The Hotel reserves the right to refuse access to the establishment and the stay of an animal if these conditions are not respected.
11. Specific terms and conditions may apply for stays of more than 5 nights.
VIII. Guarantees :
The Hotel is bound by the guarantee of conformity of the services, under the conditions set out in Articles L. 212-1 et seq. of the Consumer Code.
IX. Responsibility :
1. The images presented on the website are not contractually binding. Although every effort is made to ensure that the images, graphics and texts used to illustrate the Hotel presented give as accurate an idea as possible of the accommodation services offered, variations may occur, in particular due to changes in furniture or possible renovations. The Client may not claim any compensation for this.
2. In accordance with the laws and regulations governing intellectual property rights, the use and/or reproduction of all or part of the elements making up the offers of the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN on the Website are strictly prohibited.
3. The Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN shall not be liable for any indirect damage resulting from the present, in particular from a third party, from the Customer or from the partners of the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN.
4. Hypertext links may lead to sites other than the site of the Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN, which accepts no responsibility for the content of these sites or the services offered. HOTEL MADELEINE HAUSSMANN has put in place measures to protect and secure its information system against malicious acts. However, connecting to the website and making a reservation implies that the Client is aware of the characteristics and limits of the Internet. The lack of protection of certain data against possible misappropriation or piracy or the risk of contamination by any viruses circulating on the network. The Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN declines all responsibility in the event of incident linked to the use of the computer or any support allowing access to the Internet, the maintenance or malfunctioning of the website or any other technical connection and the sending of information to an incorrect address.
5. Any booking or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for any reason attributable to the Client will result in the cancellation of the booking at the Client's expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the Client.
6. The Customer undertakes to behave in a reasonable manner during his/her reservation and stay and not to cause any harm whatsoever to members of the Hotel staff or to third parties (or even their pets) present in the Hotel. Such behaviour may result in the Hotel evicting the Customer from the Hotel without the Customer being able to claim any right to compensation.
X. Price :
1. The prices for the booking of services are indicated before and at the time of booking.
2. Prices quoted are per room for the number of persons and date(s) at the time they are selected.
3. Prices are confirmed to the Client inclusive of all taxes and exclusive of tourist tax, in the commercial currency of the hotel, and are valid only for the period indicated on the website.
4. The total amount of the reservation is payable on the reception upon the Client's arrival in the Hotel.
5. The client's credit card and bank details will be requested at the time of booking to guarantee payment of the reservation.
6. The tourist tax, indicated for each rate, is to be paid directly to the hotel. It is subject to change.
7. The prices take into account the VAT applicable on the day of the order and any change in the applicable VAT rate will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of invoicing.
8. Any modification or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by the competent authorities will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated at the time of invoicing.
9. Upon confirmation of the Client's reservation, the total amount of the order will be indicated.
10. If the price quoted at the time of booking is clearly inadequate, or if the price quoted was mistakenly lower than the price usually charged by the industry for an equivalent service, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel the booking outright, without any additional costs being charged for this.
11. All bookings, regardless of their origin, are payable in the local currency of the hotel, unless special arrangements are made on site.
12. Any extras and/or compensation for damage or missing objects/furniture will be charged directly to the bank account corresponding to the credit card details provided by the Client at the time of booking.
In this regard, the Hotel informs the Customer that his/her bank details will be retained as of the time the reservation is confirmed. The Hotel reserves the right to use this data for the entire period necessary for the execution of the terms of these conditions of sale.
The Client is informed in advance of the details and amount of the deductions that will be made from his/her account in the event of any deterioration noted at the end of his/her stay.
XI. Payment :
1. Unless special conditions or rates have been selected, the Customer shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee for the reservation, by credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), indicating the card number, the date of validity and the visual cryptogram directly in the area provided for this purpose (remember that the bank card used must be valid at the time of the stay) On the day of arrival at the Hotel, the Customer must present the credit card used to guarantee the reservation or to make the prepayment.
The Hotel MADELEINE HAUSSMANN may also ask the customer to present a valid form of identification in order to prevent credit card fraud.
Important note: In the event that the Client fails to present a valid form of identification upon arrival, the hotel reserves the right to cancel the reservation outright. The Hotel shall not be required to pay any compensation to the Client under any circumstances.
2. Payment shall be made at the reception of the Hotel upon arrival of the Client. The only authorised means of payment are those mentioned on the Website at the time of booking.
3. At the time of payment, the amount that is debited at the time of booking includes: the price of the accommodation, the taxes related to the accommodation, the price of the catering, the taxes related to the catering and any other additional services selected by the Client, excluding tourist tax and/or any other tax that may be due as a result of the Client's stay in the hotel.
XII. Personal data :
1. The Customer is informed, on each of the personal data collection forms, of the compulsory or optional nature of the answers by the presence of an asterisk.
2. Failure to provide the information identified as mandatory may result in the Hotel not being able to register a reservation and handle any claims from the latter.
3. The Customer's personal data collected by the Hotel shall be processed in accordance with the amended Act of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing and Individual Liberties for the purpose of executing the Contract, managing reservations, payments, invoicing and sending information. The said processing is declared to the CNIL and the Client's personal data is kept for the time necessary to carry out the service and to monitor the commercial relationship and/or for the time necessary to enable the Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN to comply with its legal and/or regulatory obligations.
4. The Client's personal data collected must be communicated to third parties (in particular the manager of the reservation platform and the company in charge of the secure payment site) so that the services can be rendered. Some of these third parties may be located abroad. These third parties may only use the data for the same purposes. The third parties have undertaken to take all necessary security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of the Client's personal data.
5. The Hotel reserves the right to use the Customer's personal data for its own marketing purposes by sending the Customer information about its products and services, in particular by e-mail, unless the Customer expressly objects when the personal data is provided or subsequently by contacting the Hotel, whose contact details are shown on the Website.
6. The Customer has the right to access, modify, rectify, oppose and delete personal data concerning him/her by contacting the Hotel, whose contact details appear on the Website.
7. The booking procedure and the navigation on the Website may include cookies. The Client may deactivate these cookies at any time, if he so wishes, via the settings of his browser.
XIII. Evidence agreement :
1. The entry of the required bank details, together with acceptance of these terms and conditions and the voucher or booking request, constitutes acceptance of the hotel contract between the parties, which has the same value as a handwritten signature.
2. The computerised registers kept in the computer systems of the Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN will be kept in reasonable conditions of security and will be considered as proof of the communications, orders and payments made between the parties.
XIV. Force majeure :
The Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN cannot be held responsible towards the Client in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure on French territory.
Likewise, the Client cannot be held liable to HOTEL MADELEINE HAUSSMANN in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure.
Cases of force majeure or fortuitous events are those usually recognised by the case law of the French Courts and Tribunals, and French positive law.
XV. Applicable law :
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by French law.
2. This applies to both substantive and formal rules.
XVI. Integral :
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Business, the terms and conditions of sale of the rate booked by the Client, and the acceptance of the confirmation of the booking request express the entirety of the obligations of the parties.
2. No general or specific conditions communicated by the Client may be incorporated into these general conditions.
3. The documents forming the contractual commitments between the parties are, in decreasing order of priority, the reservation request (including the special conditions of the reserved rate) which has been validated by the Client and these general conditions.
XVII. Evolution / modification of the general conditions of sale
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale may be modified and/or supplemented at any time by the Company MADELEINE HAUSSMANN. In this case, the new version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale by Internet will be put online. As soon as it is put online, the new version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale will apply to all new reservations on the Website.
XVIII. Mediation of consumption:
You may have recourse to a consumer mediator under the conditions provided for in Title 1 of Book VI (Article L. 111-1 6° of the French Consumer Code) by writing a letter to the following address Médiation Loisirs & Voyages - BP80303 - 75823 Paris 17 or by e-mail through the website http://www.mtv.travel/je-saisis-le-mediateur/.)
GTC updated to 24/04/2023